Monday, June 3, 2013

Bloggers United 5!

Poster courtesy of Madhouse MNL


Bloggers United is actually a familiar event for me. I knew it started last year, but for some reason I wasn't able to attend the past 4 events. It's either I don't have the transportation to go there or I don't have money.
It was the fifth installment, and I told myself that I better attend this one. I believe in the acronym YOLO - You Only Live Once, so I better start doing things before regretting it


I decided to go 3 days before the event. I've talked with some of my friends of planning to go to this after I enrolled in school. I then looked for every blog that gives away free passes to BU5. I joined a total of 15 giveaways then I won in 3! Shout out to Tracy Ayson, PAC Philippines and Aivan Magno! Bless your souls!

I went inside the venue and started to look for some stuff to buy. I was really shocked that some clothes were being sold at unbelievably low prices! Unfortunately, I had a tight budget and I only bought some bags and accessories. Besides, the bloggers are twice my size and definitely there are no clothes for my size. Well, unless I'm a girl. Chos!

BU5 haul - Bag from David Guison, Sunnies and 5-star ring from Maggie Wilson, Scissors and owl ring from Tracy Ayson and "So Fetch" nameplate from Gelo Arucan


But what really made this experience worthwhile? Meeting the bloggers. It might be my first time to attend the event, but I'm pretty familiar with some of them. Actually, I personally know some of them. Raleene Cabrera used to be my classmate in DLS-CSB and I got Gelo Arucan to be part of my Desktop Publishing finals (also in DLS-CSB). I already saw Divine Lee and David Guison at the Rajo for Parisian event last year. The big throwback would be getting to talk to Maggie Wilson, while she was competing in China for Miss World 2007.

Bloggers are, like, the nicest persons in the world. They are very down-to-earth and they deserve positive adjectives and remarks. They are always ready for photo-ops, they interact with their readers and they are just plain nice! Another reason why was because of this "paandar" I did - I made them do my "tilt smile". If you don't know what a tilt smile is, click here. I'll also post a photo diary of my pictures with bloggers Here's a photo diary of the event! Click here for the pictures

Aside from bloggers, I also got a chance to meet Sam Sadhwani, one of the host of ETC HQ, and some beauty pageant contestants - Zandra Flores and Parul Shah of Binibining Pilipinas 2013. I also met Bea Santiago, Binibining Pilipinas-International 2013. She reminds me of my friend, Ate Steph Retuya, AsiasNTM runner-up. It's like hitting two birds with one stone!

There was this one eksena while I was buying at Maggie Wilson's area, Zandra and I had a funny moment. BTW, she's so nice and so friendly.

Zandra: Do you need plastic?
Me: Ay, bawal ang plastic [sa amin].
Zandra: Ay wow, environmental friendly!
Me: *realizing that they are Binibining Pilipinas alumni* Ay, maling pageant!
Zandra: Miss Philippines Earth yun!
*Bea saw us and smiled*

With Bea Santiago, Bb. Pilipinas-International 2013
I was thinking of having an outfit post, but I got tired from shopping and I didn't eat any meal the whole event. Talk about diet, chos! Thank God I have a portrait showing my whole outfit featuring the Mother Becky herself, Divine Lee.

Matte wayfarers from Whatever
Blue green checkered long sleeves from Penshoppe
Brown shirt bought by mom from Hong Kong
Skinny jeans from Penshoppe
Checkered espadrilles from Zoo York
Scarf from my friend

So if you guys are planning to go to the next Bloggers United bazaar, here are some tips:

1. Bring lots of money, especially in small bills. I say, you have to start saving up for the next bazaar. I had a tight budget, so I'll start saving now. I think 3-5k is enough.

2. Bring an eco bag, so you won't get to carry multiple plastic bags.

3. Bring a camera. I would recommend an SLR or digital camera for better results. In connection to this...

...4. Bring a friend, so someone can take pictures for you and you alternate.

5. This is optional, but if you want to go YOLO, make a "paandar". If you want to deviate from the usual smile photo-op, why not do something different. I did the tilt smile, so it's up to you what you want to do with them in a photo. But never make them feel that they're being gullible.

With that said, I had so much fun at BU5. I'm kinda sad that I wasn't able to buy more stuff because of the money I got. I can't wait for BU6. I'm definitely saving up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment